Though it is not something any of us want to think about, we all get old. When the time comes to make difficult decisions to ease your friends suffering,, the staff at Stonecliff Animal Clinic are here to help in whatever way we can. Euthanasia is an option an owner has to help end suffering in a critically ill patient. We honor our clients decisions, and help guide them through education and emotional support. Our hospital was designed with a room that has more of the comforts of home, to help make this time easier on you and your pet. For the client that would like to not have to come to the clinic, we also perform home euthanasia. Our goal is to make this time as easy for you as possible, so please do not hesitate to ask if you have a special request during this difficult period.
The Rainbow Bridge
There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge, there is a land of meadows, hills, and valleys with lush grass.
When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm Spring weather. Those old and frail animals are young again. Those who have been maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other. But there is one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on Earth.
So, each day, they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up. The nose twitches, the ears are up, the eyes are staring and this one suddenly runs from the group. You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again.
You look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet. Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.
Pet Loss Support Hotlines:
- (530)752-3602, or toll free (800)565-1526 Staffed by University of California-Davis veterinary students; weekdays, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm, Pacific Time (PT); http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/petloss/index.htm
- (352)392-4700; then dial 1 and 4080, staffed by Florida community volunteers; weekdays, 7 pm to 9 pm, Eastern Time (ET); or call (352)392-4700 X4744 (Joy Diaz) at the University; http://www.vetmed.ufl.edu/vmth/companions.htm
- (517)432-2696 Staffed by Michigan State University veterinary students; Tuesday to Thursday, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm, ET; http://cvm.msu.edu/petloss/index.htm
- (630)325-1600 Staffed by Chicago VMA veterinarians and staffs. Leave voice-mail message; calls will be returned 7 pm to 9 pm, CT (Long-distance calls will be returned collect)
- (540)231-8038 Staffed by Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine; Tuesday, Thursday, 6pm to 9 pm, ET
- (614)292-1823 Staffed by The Ohio State University veterinary students; Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm, ET; voice-mail messages will be returned, collect, during operating hours
- (508)839-7966 Staffed by Tufts University veterinary students; Monday through Friday, 6 pm to 9 pm, ET; voice-mail messages will be returned daily, collect outside Massachusetts; http://www.tufts.edu/vet/petloss/
- (888)ISU-PLSH (888-478-7574) Pet Loss Support Hotline hosted by the Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine. http://www.vetmed.iastate.edu/animals/petloss/; operational seven days a week, 6pm to 9pm (CST) from Sept-April; Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 6:00-9:00 pm (CST) from May-August.
- (607)253-3932 Cornell University Pet Loss Support Hotline staffed by Cornell University Veterinary Students Tuesday-Thursday 6-9pmET, messages will be returned. http://web.vet.cornell.edu/public/petloss/
- (217)244-2273 or toll-free (877)394-2273(CARE) Staffed by University of Illinois veterinary students. Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings 7-9 pm Central Time; http://www.cvm.uiuc.edu/CARE/
- Argus Institute: Grief Resources, Colorado State University. For the Argus Institute office call (970) 491-4143
- (509) 335-5704, Pet Loss Hotline, Washington State University, College of Veterinary Medicine; http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/plhl/index.htm; staffed during the semester on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 6:30 – 9:00 PM, and Saturday 1:00-3:00 PM Pacific Time.